Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving

Even though it's been 2 days after Thanksgiving, I'm going to do a thanksgiving blog anyway.
 Thanksgiving has to be one of the worst holidays for me in terms of health, first off. We start off the morning by watching the Thanksgiving parade while eating my mom's homemade Chex Mix, one of the most fattening things on the planet. After the parade ends we all watch the dog show together, which is one of my favorite parts. There's always that one dog nobody can take seriously. After that, we continue our TV-watching by watching "Miracle on 34th Street", a classic movie. Finally, that moment we've all been waiting for- the dinner. For some reason everyone always eats at like 3 in the afternoon on Thanksgiving, but that's fine with me. We have a wide array of turkey, deviled eggs, stuffing, mashed potatoes with gravy, green beans, biscuits, and other food. Of course we never eat it all, so we have leftovers for like 2 months. It's all topped off with pumpkin pie later in the evening.
The day after thanksgiving is usually the day we put up our Christmas decorations. We actually just finished decorating our house. We all spend some time together putting up our random Christmas tree ornaments, consisting of things like reindeer, angel dogs, chalupas, baby ornaments, childhood crafts, and of course, the one and only Anna angel. I made it when i was just a little girl, and basically it's just a picture of my face glued to this plastic angel. It's pretty funny.
Okay, I think I've bored you all enough, so bye. :D

1 comment:

Caryn Kirk said...

Your personality really comes out nicely in these blog posts. My recommendation for next semester is that you approach them more like mini essays - with clear beginnings, middles, and ends... not "OK so I think I'll talk about X today..." Less of a list and more of a PIECE.

DUC = 9/10
Voice = 3/3
Completion = 8/8
Mechanics = 4/4
Total = 24/25